Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was going to pull the trigger on all LED Light system for my 2010 Rav4 V6 Sport. Low & High Beam, Fogs and all interior lights. Then i came across something that if our vehicle is equipped with "Can Bus" i would need an adaptor or buy an LED light system with Can bus adaptor in it already. Does the 2010 Rav4 have a Can bus system if so, what LED head lights do you guys recommend?

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
So, I was going to pull the trigger on all LED Light system for my 2010 Rav4 V6 Sport. Low & High Beam, Fogs and all interior lights. Then i came across something that if our vehicle is equipped with "Can Bus" i would need an adaptor or buy an LED light system with Can bus adaptor in it already. Does the 2010 Rav4 have a Can bus system if so, what LED head lights do you guys recommend?
All cars 2008 and later must use CAN BUS for the USA.

CAN Bus Equipped Vehicles - Complete Vehicle Make, Model and Year List

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,722 Posts
Just because a car has a CAN bus, doesn't mean it connects to EVERYTHING. From what I know, the RAV4 lighting system is not connected to the CAN bus, so the lamps are ordinary incandescent bulbs, except for the LED brake and tail lights on the 4.3.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just because a car has a CAN bus, doesn't mean it connects to EVERYTHING. From what I know, the RAV4 lighting system is not connected to the CAN bus, so the lamps are ordinary incandescent bulbs, except for the LED brake and tail lights on the 4.3.
Is there any way to check i know nothing about electrical

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,722 Posts
Is there any way to check i know nothing about electrical
There is nothing to check. You don't need any CAN bus adapter or special bulbs. I installed normal LED backup lights, license plate lights, and interior lights on mine and they work fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts