Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have the basic, i.e. bottom of the line, AM/FM/CD/ Stereo unit in our 2010 RAV 4. I replaced/upgraded all of the large speakers, front and rear, but not the tweeters. There was a noticeable improvement in sound quality. Now that the CD player is not working, I thought maybe replace the defective unit with the best upgrade, i.e. better sound quality. However, I would want it to still be factory look and fit, and utilize the same wiring harnesses, plug-ins, etc. for an easy switch. Any recommendations and what year model range would work? Thanks for your suggestions. Also, minimum requirements would still be AM/FM/CD player.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Those are impressive high-tec units. Did not see a CD player with them. I know CD capability is on its way out on the newer cars.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I put in a Kenwood 376BT with a DVD player that will also play Cd's. I also picked up the XM module too. It was a nice upgrade from Crutchfield and a clean install with their kit and a cheap back up camera.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,643 Posts
I replaced the head unit in my 2008 with an XM 6-disc changer from a 2011. Click on the XM link in my signature.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I put in a Kenwood 376BT with a DVD player that will also play Cd's. I also picked up the XM module too. It was a nice upgrade from Crutchfield and a clean install with their kit and a cheap back up camera.
I went Kenwood from Crutchfield as well, over 2 years ago now. I'm part of the cohort that has a lot of CDs, and I wanted a working player. It's been a good unit, no complaints except it is a little slow to boot up on ignition. That might be common with all these kinds of units for all I know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts