Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently a 2010 sap v6 and I'm getting bored with it LOL. Liking the way the 16s look and plan to test drive a few pretty soon. Has anyone made that switch? If so what are your thoughts...thanks. I'm looking at the xle and se models.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Obviously in the end the decision is yours, but for my part I'm not about to surrender my V6 RAV with its power for a 4-banger unless it somehow becomes necessary. For you, other considerations may outweigh the engine power issue.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
I drove a 2006 V6 for almost 9yrs, I miss the power a little bit, but nothing else that's really important, I don't have a boat to tow any more. The Hybrid has plenty of power, a better ride and is quieter, better safety and tech features, I'm very happy with the switch, the much better fuel economy is a bonus, I think the best I ever got with the V6 was 27-29mpg highway if I did no passing on two lane, around town 18-20mpg was normal, it was real hard not to get on it once in a while and enjoy the power, that certainly didn't help, the Hybrid in sport mode offers plenty for me now if I want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts