Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at purchasing a 2010 v6 (85k miles) for $13,000 including taxes and fees. Took it to a mechanic and looks like there's a leak in the oil pan gasket as well as a mystery oil leak. Other than that, the car is in excellent condition. Looks like it's an expensive job to get done...are these a common problem with this generation rav? Should it be a deal breaker in buying the car?

Thanks!

-Potential first time rav owner

·
Registered
571 Posts
Replacing the oil pan gasket can be complicated job. There are two oil pan elements, with two gaskets (upper and lower), so it depends which one is actually leaking. See in the pic elements 3, 4.

IMO too much money for that car, but that depends of your location.

I bought my 2011 V6 limited with $11k in January this year (in SE Virginia). With no leaks, no rust, just an old battery that I had to replace.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replacing the oil pan gasket can be complicated job. There are two oil pan elements, with two gaskets (upper and lower), so it depends which one is actually leaking. See in the pic elements 3, 4.

IMO too much money for that car, but that depends of your location.

View attachment 154833

I bought my 2011 V6 limited with $11k in January this year (in SE Virginia). With no leaks, no rust, just an old battery that I had to replace.
Appreciate the reply, ended up going with one from private party $11,500 89k miles in Northern CA got it checked out by a mechanic and everything is clean

1 - 4 of 4 Posts