Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd share photos of front and rear brake job on 2011 Rav4.... screwed around with paint...Rust-Oleum "Rusty Metal Primer Spray" with black aftercoating... Suspension is going to be redone soon so maybe I'll do a write up on all that. Have any input or suggestions, shoot! Here is picture dump.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Looks great but ? For you. How safe is is to put the jack stands under the rear control arm. Also how high dose ur jack goes up cause with the jack i have wont lift the car up from the back lift points. I have a harbor freight 3 ton jack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks great but ? For you. How safe is is to put the jack stands under the rear control arm. Also how high dose ur jack goes up cause with the jack i have wont lift the car up from the back lift points. I have a harbor freight 3 ton jack.

I've never measured my jack height... I have the HF 4 ton jack which gets it up in the air just fine.

The jack stands were just to slow/keep it from falling all the way over if the jack messed up. It rested on the front stands just fine. I wasn't working under the car so I didn't go crazy on supporting things.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I checked Harbour Freight website which has 3 models that are 4 tons. The average height of all the model is somewhere near 20.5 inches.

AJ2411, try putting a few pieces of 2x4 on top of the floor jack pad to increase the height. No point spending more money if you can make your 3 ton floor jack work.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked Harbour Freight website which has 3 models that are 4 tons. The average height of all the model is somewhere near 20.5 inches.

AJ2411, try putting a few pieces of 2x4 on top of the floor jack pad to increase the height. No point spending more money if you can make your 3 ton floor jack work.

Supposedly the 3 ton harbor freight Daytona jack that copies the snap-on has a 23"x1/8 lift... That's kind of impressive. Maybe I'll get dual 3 tons and keep 4 ton for other stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts