Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've consulted with the Toyota parts department and I've also searched extensively but I can't seem to find a part number for the clock spring coil that matches my rav4. If you look at the attached photo the left coil is 84306-0E010 whereas the right is from vehicle, note extra white plug (3 plugs for the steering column side).

This extra plug is on the steering column side and does connect to a cable. I'm not clear what it is and why it appears this version is different from everything Toyota has on-line and at the parts department. Does anyone know?

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,614 Posts
Every Toyota part I have ever seen has the part number embossed, stamped, molded, or printed on the part somewhere. Look at the original carefully and find that part number then Google it. Oh, and BTW, Toyota calls that part a "spiral cable" if you're doing a search.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
There's no part number on it that matches anything I search for. There's no special markings on the rear door or the VIN tag so I assume it's the base model which is also what the Toyota shop said using the VIN number (see attached) "4 Cyl 2.5L DOHC EFI, STD, Automatic Transmission,4-Speed Automatic Transmission, North America Product, ASA38L-CNPXKA". Aside from the cruise control the only extra button on the wheel is to toggle the MPG/trip miles display.

84306-0E010 is the shops suggested part and also what I ordered (pictured on left in the top posted photo). Do you know the part number for the Limited version?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That steering wheel is more complex than mine with the single display button. DL175, thanks but none of those parts match what I have in my RAV4.

I've used 2 different VIN lookup tools and also consulted with the shop. They all say it's the base model and 84306-0E010 is the part but it doesn't match up physically.

I'll go pull it out again and take some more photos.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes! I just finished pulling it apart and saw there was an almost impossible to read part number hidden under a connector that's 89245-0R020 and it's the Steering Wheel Position Sensor. After looking closer I realized it might detach and this might be 2 separate parts.

And it turns out they were separate parts clipped together.

So I was able just to attach this to the new 84306-0E010 and it's all working again. Thanks for the patience and help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts