Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all i had to go to new Hampshire for 2 days for a family emergency. While driving around 65 mph i felt the car shaking but I didn't feel it in the steering wheel. Can it be the balance in the tires. Should i get the tire re-balance. The wheels has the stick on weights instead of the ones you hammer on the wheel wall. What do you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
Hey all i had to go to new Hampshire for 2 days for a family emergency. While driving around 65 mph i felt the car shaking but I didn't feel it in the steering wheel. Can it be the balance in the tires. Should i get the tire re-balance. The wheels has the stick on weights instead of the ones you hammer on the wheel wall. What do you think.

Take it to a tire shop and they can check the balance. Maybe one of the stick on weights fell off or the rim bent from a pot hole.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never had a flat. I have run flats with the rav. Can i still have a bent rim with run flats

·
Super Moderator
11,109 Posts
Never had a flat. I have run flats with the rav. Can i still have a bent rim with run flats?
Probably not. First things I'd check are tire pressure and lug nuts.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dose anyone know what size impact socket to use. I have tried 21,22 mm but it's not a perfect fit. Anything smaller its to tight or wont go on

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
Dose anyone know what size impact socket to use. I have tried 21,22 mm but it's not a perfect fit. Anything smaller its to tight or wont go on

I find 13/16 impact socket fits the best if you are using an impact gun. You can use 21 mm but there is a lot of play when using an impact gun but ok if using hand tools like a breaker bar.
If you have the factory lock nuts (for factory alloy wheels) it only takes a 21 mm socket.

You can always use the factory lug wrench that came with the car it should fit both the wheel lock and lug nuts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts