Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello gentlemen,

I have a 2011 RAV4 - 3row - 7 seater. I am trying to replace the tail light assembly and it seems that the panel in the back is held by one additional screw which the regular RAV4s don't have. All the videos posted in this forum or youtube don't talk about the screw that is holding the lever to the body of the vehicle. And also this screw seems to be held by the nut in the back and I am not sure of the size of the nut.
Please check the picture attached and let me know how to remove the screw.

Thanks
A

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looked thoroughly in the manual. It doesn't have anything related to the clip. It shows back row adjustment for regular model.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Hello gentlemen,

I have a 2011 RAV4 - 3row - 7 seater. I am trying to replace the tail light assembly and it seems that the panel in the back is held by one additional screw which the regular RAV4s don't have. All the videos posted in this forum or youtube don't talk about the screw that is holding the lever to the body of the vehicle. And also this screw seems to be held by the nut in the back and I am not sure of the size of the nut.
Please check the picture attached and let me know how to remove the screw.

Thanks
A View attachment 150012
You have the 3rd row seat model that is why yours is different than everyone. The screw is rounded off but there is a slot so just use a slot screwdriver to turn it. As for the nut behind it use another slot screwdriver wedge under the screw to put pressure while you turn the screw. The bolt and the screw could be both moving at the same time not allowing the screw to come out.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I think you can pull up in the same time of that plastic piece with a finger, while turning the screwdriver, it might be there as an child-proof system.
That's why I asked about manual, probably at the changing light bulb chapter...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The manual doesn't explicitly differentiate about changing tail lights from a regular model to 3 row model.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Am i overthinking about removing the screw? Is it something related to remove the clip near the screw and just remove the panel and leave the screw as is? Has only looked into similar types of screws in Toyota?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts