Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
My car is a 2011 sport RAV4 {4 cylinder with 48,000 kilometers.}

I recently noticed my rav4 makes a constant weird buzzing sound only when the key is turned to the ON position, not START, or ACC. This sound does NOT stop if the key is left in the ON position.

When the engine is started I cannot tell if it it still making the noise because the engine sound overpowers any small noise like this one.

When the key is turned to off the buzzing noise stops and is then followed by almost like a solenoid clicking

I made a video it might be hard to hear the sound
youtu.be/CM-j5ye0TSo

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Welcome! What I hear is more of a one-note sound, rather than a buzzing. It's almost like the sort of harmonic noise which can be caused by something running, like an electric motor and creating a resonant noise in a related component. Have never heard this previously - hopefully another member can pinpoint the cause.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,
My car is a 2011 sport RAV4 {4 cylinder with 48,000 kilometers.}

I recently noticed my rav4 makes a constant weird buzzing sound only when the key is turned to the ON position, not START, or ACC. This sound does NOT stop if the key is left in the ON position.

When the engine is started I cannot tell if it it still making the noise because the engine sound overpowers any small noise like this one.

When the key is turned to off the buzzing noise stops and is then followed by almost like a solenoid clicking

I made a video it might be hard to hear the sound
youtu.be/CM-j5ye0TSo

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I am having the same issue and I looked at your video I am listening to same noise. Just want to know were you able to locate the source of the noise. Or able to diagnosed the reason of that noise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts