Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Purchased this 40K mile 2011 RAV4 in Reno, NV Friday.

Got 95% agreement via phone/email Thursday at 4PM, flew to Reno 9AM Friday morning from San Diego. Seller picked me up at RNO airport for test drive, then signed, sealed and began 650 mile drive south to my home in Ensenada, Baja California.

Have plenty of questions about getting extra keys made(have read a few threads, yuck), keeping/ditching the nerf bars and others. Will just continue reading before pestering everyone as the new kid here.

It did perform well in the mountains. Have read complaints about acceleration, including some lag to downshift for passing. Had no complaints on hwy 395 from Reno to I-15 to San Diego.

My previous "Toyota" was a Pontiac Vibe(aka Toy Matrix).

Here is the new spot for the new Toyota. CHEERS.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am the same boat. Just got mine yesterday. 2001 RAV4 Base 35000 miles. I always purchase a complete set of Weathertech mats and AVS bug-shield and Wind-visor. Let me know if you get rid of the Nerf bars. Also please share your research on the spare key. Thanks

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I am the same boat. Just got mine yesterday. 2001 RAV4 Base 35000 miles. I always purchase a complete set of Weathertech mats and AVS bug-shield and Wind-visor. Let me know if you get rid of the Nerf bars. Also please share your research on the spare key. Thanks

A lot of good info on making extra keys. You can get everything you need on ebay
http://www.rav4world.com/forums/96-4-3-general/92843-adding-extra-key-using-techstream.html

Mini VCI Diagnostic Tool Cable Scanner for Toyota Lexus TIS Techstream V10.30.29 | eBay

If you have the G stamp on your keyblade
HYQ12BBY G CHIP

UNCUT MASTER IGNITION KEY FOB KEYLESS REMOTE TRANSMITTER for HYQ12BBY G CHIP 3bn | eBay

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks 11RAV,
I'm geeky enough to spend the lunch money and see if I can figger out the key hack.

My new Toy is base, FWD with 2.5, moonroof and matching 5 spoke 17" wheels

Only challenge in finding the right RAV was too many sellers on Auto Trader had completely incorrect mileage. How does 35K become "we made a typographical error" at 113K miles? Click bait.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just let me know how it going to work out for you. I am looking for a back-up camera also. There is a lengthy discussion about a android head unit from Aliexpress. A Bluetooth camera would be my preference.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Thanks 11RAV,
I'm geeky enough to spend the lunch money and see if I can figger out the key hack.

My new Toy is base, FWD with 2.5, moonroof and matching 5 spoke 17" wheels

Only challenge in finding the right RAV was too many sellers on Auto Trader had completely incorrect mileage. How does 35K become "we made a typographical error" at 113K miles? Click bait.

Just a quick note on the software that comes with the mini VCI cable. Some people who have been getting the v12 software are having problems with using health check. If you have that problem install v8 (other versions may also work).
Its best to install on windows 32 bit computer. I put it on an old netbook with windows 7. Below is a post that has a link to get v8.

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/2400825-post170.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts