Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Unfortunately I had a moment where I wasn't too focused in a parkade and did the following damage to my vehicle.

I am looking at potentially doing the repair work myself to save some money.

I am hoping someone who has experience repairing/replacing their fender flares can help me out with some advice before I start ripping things out.

Some of my ideas:
  • There is a junkyard with Rav4 parts in my city. I am thinking to get a Silver fender flare from either an existing Sport or Limited trim Rav4 which have the fender flares
  • Per the picture in the album I have noticed I might need some fasteners and screws to hold the flares (part of the flares attach to the door, other parts attach to the body)
    • Any idea where I can get these parts or what they're called? I've looked at other posts but the links are now broken.
  • The damage on the flare attached to the wheel seems to be the deepest, and most significant. Not sure if we're able to tell from the pics, but would I need to also replace the fender flare mounting?
  • I can tell there is a small dent on the door. I will probably just leave that as is.
I would appreciate any input/advice.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
There are fender flare clips and double sided tape that holds the fender flare. If any clips are broken or missing just pick them up from the dealer. I suggest you get a trim removal tool if you plan on pulling the parts out yourself. You should be careful and use even pressure to ensure the fender flare does not break or damage the paint. I heard the double sided tape is very strong so may need a heat gun or hair blower to soften the tape.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts