Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2011 Toyota RAV4 that has 78500 miles on it. Lately I noticed a noise coming from under the car while I am accelerating from 35 mph onwards. I took car to dealership this morning and I was told my car needs new torque converter and the cost to replance torque converter would be 3600$ , which I was not expecting at all. Has anyone experienced similar issue with his/her Rav4? Whether it was fixed after replacement of torque converter?i see many other models of Toyota had similar issues and were issued recalls or extended warranty notices but there are no such things for my car. Please share your experience with similar issue and if anything that can be done differently to fix this issue.
Thanks

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
Should be in the 4.3 forum. Perhaps a mod can move it to the proper place.

·
Super Moderator
10,970 Posts
Momentarily moved.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Seek another opinion.

Reactions: kevcules46

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
There are not many members with torque converter failures and your vehicle has very low mileage. When was the last time the ATF was changed? Is the ATF level up to max? Maybe a drain and fill is needed. Lastly take your car any place other than the stealership. Paying $3500 is a lot of money and you never know if they are wrong so another opinion is a must. Once again I need to stress how important it is to maintain the ATF changes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts