Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all those that have had new trans put in under warranty, did you get much worse mpg after the new trans went in? I'm getting 16.5 avg mixed driving, where as before the swap I was getting 20 mixed. Is there a break in period?

·
Registered
207 Posts
My mileage didn't seem to change. 16.5 avg. mpg? Wow! I've never had anything under 20 mpg. even though I have a lead foot. If I were you I'd go back to the stealer and ask questions.

·
Registered
9,071 Posts
My mileage didn't seem to change. 16.5 avg. mpg? Wow! I've never had anything under 20 mpg. even though I have a lead foot. If I were you I'd go back to the stealer and ask questions.

I get about that mileage in town with my V6 RAV Complained to dealer - checked it out, said that they couldn't find any problem. But in-town trips are rarely more than a few miles, and we live near the top of a hill. Still, it's worse mileage than I had expected. My 327 V8 Chev. pickup got better in-town mileage and so did my supposedly 350 HP Ford V8 hulking sedan, but they both had manual trans.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
A friend has a double-cab Dodge pickup with the Cummins diesel.
Gets better mileage than I do in the RAV.

I'm thinking of getting one to convert to camper.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,930 Posts
If mine changed, I haven't noticed. But even if it did, I'd rather it use a little more gas than listen to that annoying whine!

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
If mine changed, I haven't noticed. But even if it did, I'd rather it use a little more gas than listen to that annoying whine!
True, but a drop of 4mpg is pretty significant. Perhaps a check of rpms at different speeds with another RAV to see if that's causing it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts