Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Gals,

New to the forum. My wife just got a 2011 Sport as we are having a kid in September and she wanted something bigger than her Honda Accord. It was her father's car who recently passed so some sentimental value as well.

We want to get a remote starter for it as she will be driving our kid to daycare in the mornings, and would rahter the little guy/gal did not freeze.

Does anyone have a good suggestion for a remote starter? As a Land Rover Discovery II owner I can wrench, and have done Brakes, Cooling, seals, etc, but am not a huge fan of modifying a wiring harness if I do not have to. I don't mind paying a bit more for something that works well with the car and requires less modification.

Any advice and experiences greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I could not tell you what brand it was but we got an aftermarket remote start for our 2011 Rav4 sport and it worked well, the only problem was the button was even with the housing and it could be pushed very easily by accident while in your pocket. This happened twice while it was in the attached garage and many times while walking around in a store or other places, I would come out and the car would be running. So Beware! We had another remote start on our Honda Accord station wagon and it had to be pushed twice, never had a problem.

·
Registered
178 Posts
i installed a remote starter on my 2010 sport...i got it off ebay from seller MyPushCart...it is an add on remote starter...uses the factory key to remote start...2 pushes of the unlock button and it starts...there are a couple of possible downsides to my setup for some
#1 is that since it uses the stock remote it also has the same range as the stock remote...
#2 with toyota once the car is running the factory remote no longer works (thats why i set it up to start with 2 unlock presses)...
one advantage to my setup is that anyone in the rav can remote start it just by pressing the interior unlock button 2 times...so i can leave my older kids (15 and 17) in the rav and they can listen to the radio, have heat or ac without me worrying that they are cruising down the road...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts