Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Toyota Rav4 Sport FWD currently at 107k miles. All my services, oil changes, tire replacements have been performed at Toyota dealership service center. I am currently facing problems with my ABS light along with the traction control light coming ON and going off every few miles. It also is losing Cruise control connection intermittently while driving. I have a sequence of events leading upto this. The toyota dealership has looked at the car 3 times and yet to find any fault.
1. About 10-12k miles ago I got my front wheel hub bearings both sides and all 4 brakes replaced.
2. About 8-10k miles ago I got my tires replaced and alignment done
3. About 5-6k miles ago, my car broke down on road, my driver side CV Joint broke and axle was replaced by my local mechanic with a recertified part
4. And now my passenger side axle shaft broke which again since it happened on highway, axle was replaced by a local mechanic.

Since the next morning after this repair the ABS light is coming ON and OFF every morning or when the car is not used for couple of hours. After my last check up and oil change at the dealership yest, they could not determine any fault and said only the ABS lights were not reset by the other mechanic. But 30 minutes of driving later the ABS light was on again and this time my cruise control stopped functioning. I have a very long drive everyday (140-150 miles highway daily) and I really cannot spend more time at dealership than working to earn my family a living.

IF anyone has a suggestion or advice on why this would be happening please let me know. I will be greatful for any solutions suggested. Thanks!

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,712 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts