Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the process of trying to find a nice rav4 v6 in the Denver area, I found some dealers with 2012 rav4 v6 cars in storage areas waiting for replacement air bags. What is this all about and was it Japanese manufacture or other. Some dealers had half a dozen that they could not sell at that time, and no estimate of when they could get the airbags.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
In the process of trying to find a nice rav4 v6 in the Denver area, I found some dealers with 2012 rav4 v6 cars in storage areas waiting for replacement air bags. What is this all about and was it Japanese manufacture or other. Some dealers had half a dozen that they could not sell at that time, and no estimate of when they could get the airbags.
Something to do with the Takata airbag fiasco perhaps? But I hadn't heard that the cars couldn't be sold.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Dealers aren't supposed to sell if there is an outstanding recall, but I didn't think the 2012 was on the list. It might be one special batch (or country of manufacture) affected. If you can get the VIN of the vehicle, you can look it up on Toyota's recall finder to see what it is:

Lookup Safety Recalls & Service Campaigns by VIN

Another option to consider is to do a search on Autotrader.com, filter out for the RAV4 2012 with V6. I'm seeing quite a few listed, so it's not 100% recall.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts