Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 does the 2012 front bumper rear bumper head lights ect fit the 2008 I really like the fog lights instead of the round ones

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
17,075 Posts
The headlights are a different shape and may not follow the contours of the hood and fenders. The Base, Sport, and Limited all had different bumpers and grilles.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
17,075 Posts
Ok but are the bumpers interchangeable
I seriously doubt it. Perhaps it could be forced to fit with extensive modifications, but probably not worth it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Didn't want to start a new thread, but so far from research the hood and fenders are interchangeable but you would still need headlights, grill and bumper since the headlights are different between the 06-08/09-12

Haven't removed/bought anything yet so can't confirm but I tried doing a downgrade on my 04 rav4 to a 03 bumper and everything lined up but turns out the windshield washer reservoir was alot bigger and wouldn't allow the 03 bumper to be installed, that's just an example of what could prevent a easy swap

·
Registered
2008 Rav4 Limited V6 AWD [w/3.6" lift, 2.5" HUBCENTRIC spacers, K02s, bullbar, roofcage, FJ grille]
28 Posts
You may need to switch the headlights and bumper to make it work

·
Super Moderator
11,804 Posts
Somewhere around 2010 the RAV4 got a facelift meaning the old bumper & nose won't fit the later models and vice versa. And as mentioned there are additional differences between trims.
I looked into updating our '06's nose when it was in the body shop from a deer collision but it wasn't possible or practical.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Considering the hood and fenders are identical, wouldn't you just need the headlights, grill and bumper? Or is the actual frame/core support setup different?
It wouldn't cost much, find a bumper for $100,grill $50 then eBay headlights for $150 and you're good to go
And yeah about trims, especially the limited 09+ has the fogs built into the bumper while lower trims have a plastic bezel

·
Super Moderator
11,804 Posts
I just took a look at the front end repair work that was done on our '06 Limited after the deer damage a year ago.

The body shop replaced pretty much the whole nose except for one fender. Hood, bumper, grill, radiator and supports, headlights, right fender, - $2000+ worth of parts, all paid by my insurance.
The shop was very accommodating and let me supply any parts I could find for less money, (headlights etc.) installed them and took the parts cost off my bill.

If there was ANY way I could've upgraded to a 2012 nose for even $500 out-of-pocket I would have. Nope, just too much frame and support stuff is different on the later models.
I researched it all so if anyone can come up with something different I'd like to know what I missed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts