Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have a 2012 base model. I purchased trendgear fog lamps and can't figure out how they mount. It's a base model, so when you pop out the panel, there's nothing to screw or bolt the lamps to. Am I missing something? Any advice would be appreciated!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
The fog lamps are secured to the front bumper with 2 screws and can only be accessed from the rear of the bumper cover...you either have to remove the bumper cover or move the access panels out of the way that are in front of the front tires...the fog light bezels then pop in from the front...the screw locations are on the sides of the fog light housing...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!! A mechanic friend is installing them for me. He took the access panel off, and then put the bezel into the opening. He said there isn't anything to screw the housing into. The term he used is that it is a replacement light, and I have a base model without the lamps. I didn't get down and look behind the bumper.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Your mechanic just does not know what he is looking for most likely...the exact same bumper cover is used on models with and without factory fog lights...I will try to post a pic of the mounting points later..

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
this is a pic of the inside of the bumper cover looking at the fog light opening...there is one screw for each fog light and the screw goes into the location with the red arrow...there will also be 2 or 3 remaining tabs on the fog light...to install the fog light you put it into the opening, you the slide it sideways to get 2 tabs into a notched opening, you then slide the fog light the other direction to line up a hole on the fog light with that screw location...1 screw is all that really secures each fog light...

here are rav4 fog lights...these also fit a few other toyotas, but it shows the tabs that the bumper cover uses...they are the 4 that stick out and as far as i know all rav4 bumpers use these tabs to help hold the fog lights in place...even models that didnt have fog lights from the factory...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for all the images! And taking the time to explain the whole process. When it warms up enough here I am going to go take the panel off and look behind the bumper myself. When I finally get them in, I'll post a picture.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
You're welcome...there are threads on this forum that detail the process of installing them...it is on a 2008 model I think, but the process is the same I believe...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts