Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to figure out if there is a way to remove the cup holders/middle seat back in the second row of my '12 RAV4. I just want the back to be able to go completely flat and level (for the most part) the only thing intruding is the cup holders....when folded down they aren't level with the two side seats. HELP!! Thanks.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,892 Posts
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. Do you mean that when you fold the seats down, the armrest-cupholder is sticking up too high? When I fold mine down, the seats are flat and the armrest-cupholder assembly is slightly recessed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it the headrest keeping it from going flat? If so the headrest does come off...
No, the middle cup holders fold down flat but not to the same level as the seats when they are folded.
I'm trying to turn the back of my car into a sleeping area for travels but the cupholders can't go down so it makes it a tight space to sleep

·
Registered
205 Posts
I raise the headrest a little on the second row armrest and it does improve the level somewhat.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
No, the middle cup holders fold down flat but not to the same level as the seats when they are folded.
I'm trying to turn the back of my car into a sleeping area for travels but the cupholders can't go down so it makes it a tight space to sleep
That's odd, in my 2010, everything is flat back there when folded down. Is a 2012 different?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Trying to figure out if there is a way to remove the cup holders/middle seat back in the second row of my '12 RAV4. I just want the back to be able to go completely flat and level (for the most part) the only thing intruding is the cup holders....when folded down they aren't level with the two side seats. HELP!! Thanks.
How about a picture, to show exactly what you mean?

Maybe yours isn't behaving normally, for some reason.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts