Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I changed my 2012 RAV4 factory radio (Panasonic 86120-0R130) for a Pioneer with Nav.

I'd like to re-use the "old" RAV4 radio for my 2007 Camry SE since it has integrated Bluetooth...

Here's the catch, while the Radio connections (first 2 connectors on the left, labeled F6 and F7) appear to be the same as the 2007 Camry SE, there is 3 more connectors that are different and one of them being the Steering Wheel controls (28-pins vs 20-pins).

I have the wiring information for the 2007 Camry but I haven't been able to find the equivalent information for the 2012 Rav4 (and I'm pretty sure it is different from 2011 RAV4 wiring drawings).

Does anybody have the wiring details for the 86120-0R130 radio? (found in 4x4 V6 Sport).

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have the wiring diagram for the 28 pin connector. It was printed by the service department at the dealership so it is in paper form, not electronic. You could probably have your dealer print it up or email it to you.

Sorry, that's not much help.

Curious how you dealt with the antenna?

I can also fax them to you tomorrow should that be an option. PM me your fax # if you have one.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Is the antenna plug the connector all the way on the right side of that pic?

I think the the other 2 connectors are for steering wheel controls and a cd changer.

The grey connector is for sat. radio....?

Can someone confirm this please....?

I wonder if Crutchfield has figured this out yet? They include free install information when you buy from them. I like puzzles but this is rather frustrating...why did Toyota change it?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Harnesses from left to right in picture:
1) Front speakers/power/ground/illumination
2) Rear speakers
3) Add-on (Changer, aftermarket ipod connection, etc)
4) XM antenna
5) Center console USB/Aux/Bluetooth mic/VSS/Steering wheel control
6) Antenna/Power to antenna

Reactions: saxotenor

·
Registered
325 Posts
Harnesses from left to right in picture:
1) Front speakers/power/ground/illumination
2) Rear speakers
3) Add-on (Changer, aftermarket ipod connection, etc)
4) XM antenna
5) Center console USB/Aux/Bluetooth mic/VSS/Steering wheel control
6) Antenna/Power to antenna

I have connectors for numbers 1 and 2, your standard Toyota Wiring Harness

I would need number 6 and number 5 if there is one so I can use OEM location for BT and USB, is this correct?

I am not concerned about XM currently..

Thanks for the info

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Richericks,

You've confirmed a lot of infos I suspected!

1 and 2) They're what I believed and similar to the 2007 Camry SE.
3 and 4) I don't care
5) I'll send you a PM with my fax #. For Steering controls I think I only need 21, 22 and 23. For bluetooth mic..???
6) I never thought of this one (I haven't seen the 2007 Camry SE antenna connection yet but now that you mention it...).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Strange grey connector

Why would this radio have an XM antenna? I have the same unit in my 2012 base RAV4 4X4 and was told by the dealer it is "satellite ready". When I took apart the rear cargo area looking for the blue rooftop ant connector, all the harness had was the empty square blue connector shell..no cable..yet a grey cable plugs into the head unit..If anyone figures this out..please let me know..trying to add satellite radio..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Also- a related speaker question... how does one deal with the tweeter/woofer relationship in the door when wiring into an aftermarket speaker that just has a left/right front/rear setup??
Drpretzel & I are both trying to figure out the 2012 base radio situation.
Thanks-
Wes

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have the 2012 radio wiring diagram in PDF format. PM me and I can email it to you if you would like. If someone can tell me how to share it on this board, I would be happy to do that as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi,

I changed my 2012 RAV4 factory radio (Panasonic 86120-0R130) for a Pioneer with Nav.

I'd like to re-use the "old" RAV4 radio for my 2007 Camry SE since it has integrated Bluetooth...

Here's the catch, while the Radio connections (first 2 connectors on the left, labeled F6 and F7) appear to be the same as the 2007 Camry SE, there is 3 more connectors that are different and one of them being the Steering Wheel controls (28-pins vs 20-pins).

I have the wiring information for the 2007 Camry but I haven't been able to find the equivalent information for the 2012 Rav4 (and I'm pretty sure it is different from 2011 RAV4 wiring drawings).

Does anybody have the wiring details for the 86120-0R130 radio? (found in 4x4 V6 Sport).
Did the new Pioneer you bought come with Bluetooth and are you able to use the steering wheel controls with the new radio? I may at some point change out the stock radio for one that has Sirius/XM but I don't want to lose the use of the steering wheel controls or the bluetooth capabilities with my cellphone.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,643 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks!

Thanks for posting the PDF, James- it answered one of my major questions, in the event I decide to replace the receiver- and that was how the front door's tweeter/speaker were wired... according to this, it shows any crossover action is in the speaker/tweeter combo in the door, and all I'd have to worry about is treating them as one speaker. Good info to know in advance!
Wes

·
Registered
44 Posts
BTW, have been windowshopping with Crutchfield, and they have receivers that have Bluetooth capability- and they also have adaptors that interface the existing steering wheel controls with some of their radios that you install with the aftermarket radio- a simple bit of programming/setup- and your steering wheel controls still function... you do, however lose the existing USB/Aux jack on the center console (in the 2012's), but the aftermarket stereo's have their own USB/Aux inputs (again, depending on the receiver). Crutchfield has- for years- been the place I go to for aftermarket stereo's and speakers- their installation/fit charts and assistance is superb. I spent about a half hour speaking with a guy about a stereo for my 2012, most helpful. A new satellite adaptor supposed to be released for the Alpine's sometime this month, will at least wait until it comes out.
Wes

·
Registered
44 Posts
Bluetooth mike input???

While driving this weekend, and thinking about the whole stereo install question, it dawned on me the previously shown PDF was not complete- in that it did not show the Bluetooth Mike input/wiring- nor the steering wheel controls.... any data on that?? I was thinking of the possibility of using the existing mike for an aftermarket receiver w/Bluetooth capability- as opposed to adding a 2nd mike somewhere like (the recommended location on) the steering column.
Wes

·
Registered
325 Posts
While driving this weekend, and thinking about the whole stereo install question, it dawned on me the previously shown PDF was not complete- in that it did not show the Bluetooth Mike input/wiring- nor the steering wheel controls.... any data on that?? I was thinking of the possibility of using the existing mike for an aftermarket receiver w/Bluetooth capability- as opposed to adding a 2nd mike somewhere like (the recommended location on) the steering column.
Wes

I do wonder if that is even possible. I always thought the Bluetooth mic was built into an aftermarket receiver. :confused:

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,643 Posts
Wes
The Bluetooth microphone is shown at the top of the second page. The steering wheel audio controls are on that same page. I have never seen the Bluetooth steering wheel controls shown on any Toyota wiring diagram for the RAV4.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Whoops!

Sorry, I missed the 2nd page of the wiring diagram... nice to see the additional information. James- Do you know what the function of the ACC/MACC lead running with the mike lead is?? I wouldn't think it'd be for the overhead convienience lighting in that roof console where the mike's located- or could it be?
Toyrider- speaking with Crutchfield, typically the Bluetooth receivers come with a separate mike that you would mount in a likely place, they suggest the steering column... I would discuss specifics with Crutchfield's tech assist people... they are very willing to chat/provide info and assistance. This is why I was wondering about re-using the original overhead mike.
Wes

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,643 Posts
Sorry, I missed the 2nd page of the wiring diagram... nice to see the additional information. James- Do you know what the function of the ACC/MACC lead running with the mike lead is??
Yes, that's the power for the microphone. A condenser mic requires a small voltage to operate, typically 3-5 volts. That lead is hot when the ignition switch is in the ON or ACC position.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts