Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,643 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hi Odubum,

I haven't been back at my installer yet but I saw in another thread that people were successful with the PAC for the steering wheel controls. I will tell my installer to use that instead...

·
Premium Member
4,249 Posts
i had my jvc installed today and my axxess aswc module works fine just like in my 2011. However, my installer couldn't figure out which wire is the vss on the factory connector, he used the wiring diagram to find the steering wheel control wires but couldn't figure out which one is for the vss. Does anyone know the color or pin number?

Sent from my Nexus 7

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,643 Posts
i had my jvc installed today and my axxess aswc module works fine just like in my 2011. However, my installer couldn't figure out which wire is the vss on the factory connector, he used the wiring diagram to find the steering wheel control wires but couldn't figure out which one is for the vss. Does anyone know the color or pin number?

Sent from my Nexus 7
The VSS wire should be purple on the RAV4 and labeled SPD on the diagram.

Sent from my Commodore 64

·
Registered
15 Posts
BTW, have been windowshopping with Crutchfield, and they have receivers that have Bluetooth capability- and they also have adaptors that interface the existing steering wheel controls with some of their radios that you install with the aftermarket radio- a simple bit of programming/setup- and your steering wheel controls still function... you do, however lose the existing USB/Aux jack on the center console (in the 2012's), but the aftermarket stereo's have their own USB/Aux inputs (again, depending on the receiver). Crutchfield has- for years- been the place I go to for aftermarket stereo's and speakers- their installation/fit charts and assistance is superb. I spent about a half hour speaking with a guy about a stereo for my 2012, most helpful. A new satellite adaptor supposed to be released for the Alpine's sometime this month, will at least wait until it comes out.
Wes
I'm looking at the Pioneer AVH-P8400BH then adding the Axxess wheel control adapter in my 2012. I haven't pulled the stock radio out to check, but I like the USB and Aux input where they are, as the Pioneer has a rear aux and two USB connectors which would lead to having the loose cables for these inputs when not in use. Any way to keep the two console inputs alive?

·
Registered
15 Posts
That looks like it may do the trick...I'll check the wiring diagrams later unless anybody knows if the harness will do the trick for the aux input 3.5 mm jack too?
Thanks for the link! :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
116 Posts
I havent tried it yet but will when I put in my new HU. I have a 2012 and it came up when I searched on my veh year. I'm hoping it works because I like useing the usb for my Iphone.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Have you purchased one of those adapters yet? I can't seem to find that particular adapter online anywhere, only on the metra website and it looks like dealers only?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey Folks,
Following the schematic's for the 2012 I am installing the Alpine KTP 445U Amp(Keeping the stock HU and Speakers for now). I am about to cut and terminal the front speakers, power, Acc power and Ground. (Rear Speakers are done)

Just want to make sure of the Power. Schematic has it listed as L, I am left with only Blue.Right side of terminal next to Green, is that, it?
Blue,lime green-Front speaker
Violet,pink-Front speaker
Brown(In middle)-Ground
Thin Green (At bottom) Acc power
Blue(At bottom) Power? Maybe L stands for Lavender? Looks blue to me.

Schematic posted by JB and Rich, Page 1. http://www.rav4world.com/forums/916827-post12.html
Thanks

EDIT: I seem to be OK, every things working a OK. Just need to figure out a test to make sure the Amp is shutting off with the key. That schematic was most useful!:thumbs_up:

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Guys, I'm looking at the harness adapter and trying to map them out to the stereo harness on the AVH-P8400BH. The manufacturer only provided the larger plug wiring! The smaller plug is for the rear speakers correct? The front speakers are wired through the larger plug? It seems there are 6 speakers and only wiring for 4 on the stereo harness or am I missing something?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello.
First, sorry for my bad English.
My name is Jose and I live in Spain. I own a 2003 MR2 and I installed a 86120-0R130 in the car.

At first I had problems with the sound because pin 8 of connector CN700 on the new radio is mute and the car was the trigger of the auto antenna.

Deriving the cable to the cable car for a new antenna adapter like this:

The mute's problem was solved.
Now radio and cd work.
To use the USB connector need PT546-00120-US cable like this:

Well, my big problem is the bluetooth. The bluetooth menu does not appear in the setup.
I don't know if is necessary to connect something through connectors CN800 or CN801.
The unit includes bluetooth? Does anyone know if is necessary to connect an external module to work? What connector is necessary to plug? Will it work if I adapt a microphone?
I hope tips and suggestions.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
many thanks to all members for the info, which pin or wire is for reverse signal for the backup camera for 2012 rav4. Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
many thanks to all members for the info, which pin or wire is for reverse signal for the backup camera for 2012 rav4. Thanks.
I would be interested in this info as well. I just hooked up a X940bt in my 2012. I probed a few wires on the 28 pin connector and couldnt find the revers wire or the speed signal wire. I did give up fairly easy though. I get nervous probing live wires in new vehicles.........LOL

By the way with the proper adapter I got everything working accept the console acc. input. The adapters the pioneer were for a AV for the acc. and seen no real need to covert the center console. All in all it was a very easy install and the Pioneer sounds great with the stock speakers, you can definately hear the difference.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I would be interested in this info as well. I just hooked up a X940bt in my 2012. I probed a few wires on the 28 pin connector and couldnt find the revers wire or the speed signal wire. I did give up fairly easy though. I get nervous probing live wires in new vehicles.........LOL

By the way with the proper adapter I got everything working accept the console acc. input. The adapters the pioneer were for a AV for the acc. and seen no real need to covert the center console. All in all it was a very easy install and the Pioneer sounds great with the stock speakers, you can definately hear the difference.
On the 28-pin connector, the reverse signal is on pin #2 - Red Wire.
The VSS Signal is Purple on Pin # 17

Complete Pin-Out is Below for the 28-pin Connector

1- EMPTY
2- Reverse Signal (Red Wire)
3- EMPTY
4- Overhead Microphone (MACC) Black
5- Overhead Microphone (MIN+) White
6- Ground (SNS2) Black/White
7- EMPTY
8- EMPTY
9- EMPTY
10- EMPTY
11- Stereo Jack (AGND)
12- EMPTY
13- EMPTY
14- EMPTY
15- EMPTY
16- EMPTY
17- Vehicle Speed Sensor (Violet Wire)
18- Overhead Microphone (MIN-) Red
19- Overhead Microphone (SGND)
20- EMPTY
21- Steering Wheel Switch (SW1) White
22- Steering Wheel Switch (SW2) Red
23- Steering Wheel Switch (SWG) Black
24- EMPTY
25- Stereo Jack (AUXI) Red
26- Stereo Jack (ARI) White
27- Stereo Jack (ASGN) Red
28- Stereo Jack (ALI) Black

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,643 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi:

I have a S100 platform (WINCE) unit in my wife's 2012 RAV4 (sport). Working great! I'd like to tie into the condenser mic in the overhead light switch as opposed to the crappy mic that came with the unit (which works, but ain't great).

Note, I have the Metra 28 pin adapter harness plugged in the vehicle's 28 pin plug block which gave me the steering wheel controls. I see from this thread that the pins for the bluetooth mic (pin 4, 5 and 19 and 20) are the ones I need to connect up.

Here are my thoughts on approaching this:

- I use the red (pin 19) on the 28 pin block as the hot wire to the mic plug (mono)
- I use the signal ground (pin 18) on the 28 pin block and connect that to the shielding wire on
the mic plug
- I use the MACC (pin 4) on the 28 pin block and tie that to one of the pins on the new head
unit that offers ACC functionality

Does this sound correct?

thx.
W. MacKenzie

21 - 40 of 43 Posts