Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own an 2012 v6 FWD and now I wnat a 4wd with sunroof .
That's really all I want .

Not sure what my question is other than what trim should I be looking for ??

There's a bunch for sale all different trims .

What's special about the Sport ?

Kid

·
Super Moderator
12,329 Posts
As far as I know all Limiteds have sun roofs.
The Sport models have a stiffer (=harsher) suspension and some the SAP models have run flat tires instead of a spare on the rear door.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The GPS screen right above the temps dials in the center of dash .............................. Is it hard to see , especially when sun is on screen ??

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
The Limited models usually (not sure about always) came with the sunroof. At least in later 4.3 years (2011+ for sure) the Base models could come with an "Upgrade Value Package" which included the sunroof. Base models had the same ride as the Limiteds.

I'm fairly sure it could be ordered as part of a package with the Sport model as well, though those did have a much stiffer suspension / harsher ride, which you said you'd like to avoid.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
As far as I know all Limiteds have sun roofs.
The Sport models have a stiffer (=harsher) suspension and some the SAP models have run flat tires instead of a spare on the rear door.
He also mentioned a new Acura, so wonder if he's looking for a new RAV? If so, then the tire thing no longer applies. Do they also offer a Sport anymore?

·
Super Moderator
12,329 Posts
He also mentioned a new Acura, so wonder if he's looking for a new RAV? If so, then the tire thing no longer applies. Do they also offer a Sport anymore?
Yes, some confusion there - new or new to him? But he did post on the 4.3 forum.

And if the roof was so important why didn't he get that in his current RAV4.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
If you end up getting Rav4 Sport and want to swap suspension, let me know. I'm looking for stiffer rear. I have Rav4 Limited trim.
Dr J
I believe that the sport and limited used the same rear springs.....unless the limited has a 3rd row.....only the fronts are different between sport and limited/base models.....also 2 wheel drive models get different springs than 4 wheel drive models......

·
Registered
207 Posts
Here I go again... And I do apologize. I'm starting to feel like a pitch man for Sachs.:doh: Replace your rears with Sachs shocks Dr J and I can almost guarantee that you'll be satisfied. They transformed my Ltd.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.