Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my rav4, and I drove it on a big trip over Thanksgiving. While using the underfloor storage (or whatever you call it) I realized how much of a pain it was to use. I have to pick up the mat and the hard cover that flips up, but doesn't stay in place. Am I doing something wrong?? But it seems like there should be a better design, like just taking the hard cover that cover up the storage area out, because it doesn't stay in place anyways. Any ideas??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cover always stays in place. Did you put it upside down or switched front to back?
Pictures would help.
Yea, I'm at work and just thought I would ask. It stays in place, but when I fold it up to get in it, it always moves around. Like there is no latch that holds it down. I will take pictures later.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Do keep in mind that it is not actually designed as underfloor storage but rather the space for fold away 3rd row seats.

I don't think I open it as wide as you are to get this problem. I just lift it up a few inches to put the odd thing in there(emergency jacket/blanket/leash/tire inflator/trekking poles/hide wife's purse if out hiking/etc). But I do know what you refer to when I was opening it wider while running wire for the backup cam.

·
Super Moderator
11,139 Posts
Something is amiss because ours have not moved since 2008.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts