Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am considering trading in a fully loaded 2015 Nissan Rogue for a 2012 v6 Limited w/ navi. I found a few around with less than 20k miles that are certified. Price Point is right at $21-22k. Does this seem like the right price range (Florida)?

I will take a loss on the Rogue as any new car depreciates like crazy in year one....but I find it boring to drive - under powered...there are some dash squeaks that drive me crazy and the sheet metal is tinny. With that said - the car has every bell and whistle and is a smooth comfortable ride...just boring.

Seems a little crazy to go from a 2015 to a 2012.

Any comments are welcome :)

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,922 Posts
It doesn't seem crazy to me at all. I test drove a Rogue before buying my RAV4. I found the back window too small, not enough cargo space, and the CVT felt like the car was rubber-band powered. After test driving the RAV4 V6, there was no going back!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's good to hear! I plan on test driving my prospective new purchase this weekend. I have driven a few older ones (2010 & 2011) in the last few weeks. I liked the power, but they were otherwise in rough cosmetic shape.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Price seems OK ...I looked at the rouge as well and it fell way short of what I wanted...I also like the new escapes and the newer Santa Fe ...I also plan to test drive the new Cherokee...

·
Registered
14 Posts
The V6 provides plenty of power, is a very smooth ride, and very comfortable for long road trips. It's also a great daily driver. But alas driving it is boring I hate to say. This is not a car that I wake up in the morning and just want to take it out for a ride just to drive. The suspension is compliant, but wallows in tight curves. Of course this is not a sports car, but I do like it for what it is... a very reliable everyday car with plenty of room, and good gas mileage using regular gas. I've never driven a Rogue, but if you're going to take a loss, be sure to test drive a RAV4 extensively before you pull the trigger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts