Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When purchasing front brake pads for a 2013 (and I presume above) RAV4 and the parts counter asks "3rd row seating?" - say YES.

If you say NO the the pads will be too small.

I said no to 3rd row seating, the front pads were almost identical but about 1/4" short. Went back with one of my original front pads and found out that the front pad part for 3rd row seating was an exact match.

We have a Canadian built LTD (I was never asked the model).
The same problem was present with both brands that they sold.
No doubt that a Toyota dealer would supply the correct part.

Brake pad replacement on the RAV4 is simple and straightforward.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Keep one of the old pads, and take it with you when purchasing pads in the future, then you can do an instant, on the spot comparision to make sure you got the correct part.

·
Registered
548 Posts
If you say 'no', then you will probably get pads for the LE, which are smaller than those for the XLE and Limited models.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Third seat option

That is the same with my 2010. A lot of parts are different depending on the third seat option, which was not available at one manufacturing plant. I think it was Canada, which conflicts with what you said. What is the first digit of your VIN?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No need to look at the VIN as all RAV4's sold in Canada are made in Canada. Perhaps Japanese built RAV4's have the 3rd row seating for some markets.
If I run into this type of problem again I'll just buy both parts then return one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts