Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a used 2013 RAV4 XLE. I'm trying to decide between the Latte and the Ash colored cloth interior. I don't want black because it will soak up the sun too much down here in the south. I don't want leather for the same reason.

The latte looks slightly better IMO, with a nice contrast against the black accents (steering wheel, console, etc.). However it appears somewhat bright in photographs and I wonder how difficult it is to keep clean. I've read elsewhere that grey colored interiors hide dirt better and therefore require less upkeep, although the ash looks more like a light grey which might not be very stain-retardant either.

What do you all think? Does anyone have experience with both the Ash and Latte colored cloth interiors?

Thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
I had a 'latte' interior in my last Toyota (forget what it was called then, but it was tan) and it's very difficult to keep clean and fresh. I think a gray interior wears better over time.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
160 Posts
I always pick black interior on all our vehicles, our 16 XLE Rav has the ash/greish interior, totally hate it, looks cheap. I had a camry, a venza, and another rav, but this is the worst. Usually light interior are harder to keep clean specially if you have kids.

·
Registered
8,535 Posts
I've had different vehicles with all of the interior color choices listed in the poll and prefer tan. Doesn't show dust as much as darker colors, doesn't absorb and radiate as much solar heat coming through windshields and windows as do darker colors, and esthetically is much more upbeat for us (obviously a personal preference!). About cleanliness, we don't have kids so that isn't a factor and we don't wear dirty or greasy clothes when in our cars. On balance, for us keeping interiors clean is slightly easier with tan,, but otherwise the choice is a "wash" for us . . .:wink

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
... for us keeping interiors clean is slightly easier with tan,, but otherwise the choice is a "wash" for us . . .:wink
Haha, love it. Thanks for all the input guys. I'm still undecided but leaning towards the tan. Also that version (in the two I am comparing) comes with a roof rack.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I personally don't like Ash color because they seem very easy to get dirty and it also seem worn out color. I would like to see how Latte color looks like. Any pics you can post?

I just bough 2017 RAV4 SE with Cinnamon interior. It is two tone color with black in the middle and cinnamon on the side. I LOVE MY Cinnamon interior.

I'm in the market for a used 2013 RAV4 XLE. I'm trying to decide between the Latte and the Ash colored cloth interior. I don't want black because it will soak up the sun too much down here in the south. I don't want leather for the same reason.

The latte looks slightly better IMO, with a nice contrast against the black accents (steering wheel, console, etc.). However it appears somewhat bright in photographs and I wonder how difficult it is to keep clean. I've read elsewhere that grey colored interiors hide dirt better and therefore require less upkeep, although the ash looks more like a light grey which might not be very stain-retardant either.

What do you all think? Does anyone have experience with both the Ash and Latte colored cloth interiors?

Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was able to look up 2014 and 2015 Rav4 Latte seats. They look good. If it is a medium to dark latte. Assuming it is all leather?
What is the exterior color?

I have Metallic gray and it looks AWESOME with Cinnamon interior.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Assuming it is all leather?
What is the exterior color?

I have Metallic gray and it looks AWESOME with Cinnamon interior.
No leather. I figure the cloth will be cooler in the summer, although honestly I would love to have a nice tan leather. I'm under the impression your seats are actually the Softex material which looks & feels like leather but actually repels UV light better?

I'm getting the Spruce Mica exterior (dark olive greenish). I do like the Metallic gray though and considered one in that color.
It's more of a lighter tan. Images went through the second time.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes, mine is softex but you can't tell the difference. I love it! Not sure about repelling UV light but that would be awesome if it does that.
I saw your pictures, your 2013 interior design doesn't look much different from my 2017.
Ash looks like it has been in the sun for a while and seem faded. Latte looks better than Ash if you compare them. However, they both seem easy to get dirty. Maye it is just the lighting. However, if this is for your or only adults using this vehicle then Latte wouldn't be that bad compared to black, or the ash.

No leather. I figure the cloth will be cooler in the summer, although honestly I would love to have a nice tan leather. I'm under the impression your seats are actually the Softex material which looks & feels like leather but actually repels UV light better?

I'm getting the Spruce Mica exterior (dark olive greenish). I do like the Metallic gray though and considered one in that color.
It's more of a lighter tan. Images went through the second time.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes the ash did look a bit pale, I didn't know if that's how it came originally. The photos could be a bit over-exposed as well. I believe the RAV4 with the ash interior was from Florida so some sun fading would make sense. The ash looked somewhat drab IMO.

I ended up going with the Latte interior and I agree it looks better. The women at the office seemed to agree.
If all goes as planned car arrives Thursday!

I am a single guy, no pets, no kids, but I'm certainly not the cleanliest person around. I may consider seat covers if I find the material hard to care for and besides this color would look better in a leather or leatherette. I wonder if there are any Softex seat covers on the market yet.

Yes, if you Google "Softex Toyota" (or similar) there are articles about the new synthetic leather they have been putting in their vehicles. It's made using a thermoplastic urethane (TPU) and evidently does not absorb as much infrared light (my mistake) as other materials and therefore stays cooler in the sun, especially compared to leather: New artificial leather gains increasing Toyota acceptance - SAE International

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yes, mine is softex but you can't tell the difference.h.
Well, I would have to say that's arguable at best. There are 5 cars in my garage and driveway. 4 with (real) leather and 1 with "softex". I believe that if you told anyone I know that one of them was "fake", there is no one who wouldn't identify the fake quickly. I can live with it, but it is clearly to me, a step down the ladder from the others. As they say, your mileage may vary....

·
Registered
232 Posts
Back in the first week of Nov 2016, my wife and I got the ash interior on our 2013 Limited, the exterior is blizzard pearl.
We have two kids; 11 and 7 years old and so far it's still looking like new. Ours is the fake leather though.

Sent From the Edge of the Seventh Galaxy

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
Wow! For some reason tapatalk decided to upload one of my pictures sideways and another one upside down. Great!

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,729 Posts
Wow! For some reason tapatalk decided to upload one of my pictures sideways and another one upside down. Great!

I fixed your photos. I highly recommend Irfanview for photo editing. It does a lot more than flip photos, and it's free.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I fixed your photos. I highly recommend Irfanview for photo editing. It does a lot more than flip photos, and it's free.
Thanks!
I use my phone for everything and always upload pictures from it. Normally with good results, this is the second time that this sort of thing happens with tapatalk.
That link takes me to a place that doesn't mention phones.
How does it work if the pictures were taken correctly?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts