Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

When I start my 2013 Rav4 Limited with Touch and Go, the navigation automatically sets a destination (my old work address), without me touching anything. Since I don't go to that address anymore, it's quite annoying and I have to "Stop guidance" every time I start the car. I went to Toyota and they updated the system software in the car (not the navigation maps) but nothing changed. They said they can't do anything about it and gave me "a guy's phone number". The "guy" offered to change the head unit with a refurbished one for $1300...

As a workaround I muted the navigation system so at least it doesn't annoy me with bad instructions. I also tried resetting/clearing/initializing most of the diagnostic functions without any change. (All diagnostics show "OK".)

It's a Canadian Rav4 so it doesn't have Entune and I can't download maps for USB update like some of the European Toyota owners can on my.toyota.eu. (I am able to run their software but my VIN number doesn't show up any updates.)

Would it make sense to upgrade the map? (Around $150 at Toyota.)
Did anyone else experience similar issues?

System software version: 5.2.0
Nav ID: 20121015

Regards,
GaryT

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I also tried resetting/clearing/initializing most of the diagnostic functions without any change. (All diagnostics show "OK".)
Did the reset function delete all of your saved waypoints? If they were not deleted then I don't believe that this was a true reset. Certainly a true reset should have deleted your work location from the internal memory.

the navigation automatically sets a destination (my old work address), without me touching anything. Since I don't go to that address anymore, it's quite annoying and I have to "Stop guidance" every time I start the car.
I don't have a RAV4 with navigation, so these are just some suggestions based on my experience with other NAV systems.

Generally once a destination is entered, guidance will continue until the vehicle arrives at that destination. That is useful so that if you stop at a coffee shop on the way, the destination will not have to be re-entered when you resume your trip. Once you arrive at the destination the route is automatically cancelled.

You mention that you selected "Stop Guidance" but that it did not help. Some vehicles have an option to "Pause Guidance" which is useful if you want to deviate from the route for a while, and not be annoyed by the constant nagging. Once you want the assistance again you would select "Resume Guidance". Perhaps in the RAV4 the term "Stop Guidance" is equivalent to "Pause Guidance" in other brands. The brands I am familiar with use the term "Cancel Route" or "Cancel Guidance" to permanently cancel the route.

Perhaps you can search for the possible existence of another term similar to "Cancel" rather than "Stop".

Another option might be to follow the guidance until you reach the destination and see if that stops it from re-appearing at the next start up.

If the work destination is stored as a favorite, maybe deleting that favorite might also resolve the problem.

I don't think purchasing a new map would help this problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Try this. From main screen, go to navigation, and then press "Destination" or "Dest."

If it thinks you are still trying to go there, it should give you the option to "Del(ete) Destination". Say yes to the are you sure question, and it should quit trying to take you there.

I have to do this all the time because when I go to work I get directions to the airport. I am actually going to the employee lot, but just want to get traffic updates etc. If I don't delete the destination when i get nearby, it keeps trying to take me to the terminal...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts