Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be driving along, and the stereo cuts out. A second later there's a Toyota Entune logo, and after ±15 seconds comes back up. Bluetooth reconnects and it'll keep on playing, like nothing happened.

I got this car used as a Toyota Certified model about 4 months ago. Sometimes it'll happen a few times in a day. Sometimes it'll be fine for a week. I haven't noticed it's related to hitting bumps in the road. The lack of reproducibility has kept me from talking to the dealer about it.

Haven't noticed lights suffering this same problem, so it's gotta be specific to the stereo. But if it's a faulty wire, I'd think bumps ought to reproduce the problem.

I've done 2 rounds of firmware updates, and don't feel like they've changed the stereo's behavior in this way at all.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Its pretty easy to pop out the stereo to re-seat the cables. That's where I would start but if its under a warranty, take it to the dealership and start a case on it. Best case scenario, your stereo is replaced.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 2015 XLE and that has happened to me several times. I already had the radio replaced once because to logo changing option wasn't working and the nav system was flaky. The new radio now reboots mid-drive every so often. Dealer has said they will replace it again. I hope this isn't an Entune design flaw that means you will get hit or miss radio malfunction. Good luck!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had this problem in my '13 Rav XLE with Nav, and it drove me insane. I took it back to the dealer and they fixed it by replacing the "brain" that somehow sits behind the head unit itself. I was covered in my warranty, thank God, and hopefully they'll replace yours for free as well. The main things I remember:
-Random restarts
-Nav would keep freezing via either colored lines on the screen or just stop responding.
-Sometimes it reboot on it's own, other times it'd just stay frozen and the only way I could stop it was to turn the car off and then back on. As you can imagine, that's not quite an ideal fix when driving down the highway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts