Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I purchased a 2013 rav Limited BRAND new with 7 miles on it ,It has 50200 miles on it and the transmission is chattering when it goes into overdrive. It only will happen in the eco mode,in the sport mode its perfect. Brought it to the dealer and they knew right away that the torque converter was bad. Toyota will pay for a new one but I always thought toyota's were perfect..I was wrong. The rav has never been over 70 mph we are both senior citizens.The original tires are still in very good condition but the transmission torque converter is a problem with the 2013 I was told at the dealer On the 2012 models the master toyota tech said they can flash the computer but yours is a 2013 and it needs a new torque converter.
Here is the symptom it happens on slight acceleration barely touch the gas driving slow in the eco mode just between 35 and 40 when it goes into the overdrive the torque converter causes a vibration l but it goes away as soon as it shifts into the overdrive 5th gear but vibrates while its going from 4th gear to the 5th gear. If you drive it a little harder and not feathering the gas pedal to get the max fuel economy the trans torque converter works perfect

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,722 Posts
Just be glad the problem occurred under the 60,000 mile powertrain warranty. I had a transmission whine and Toyota replaced the entire transmission at 19,000, and it's been perfect since.

·
Super Moderator
11,106 Posts
Welcome........ Toyota vehicles screw up and break just like any other manufacturer, they're nothing special. As JuneBug said it is good that you were still under the powertrain warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts