Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Lost my FOB and went to the dealer in Vernon BC
Told me with programming and key cutting would be $775.00
I thought Wow this guy does not want me to come back as a repeat customer
We bought a new 2013 Rav4 Limited in 2013
I went to a locksmith in Vernon and got a genuine Toyota Fob including programing for $280.00
I also went back to the dealer and told him and all he said was thats the way it is
And that is in Canadian Dollars ($212.00 USD)
The guy lost me as a customer including all the maintenance he could have cashed in

·
Registered
450 Posts
Wow! That's a big difference. Then taxes on top of that. Is that the price from all dealers I wonder.

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
Hi
Lost my FOB and went to the dealer in Vernon BC
Told me with programming and key cutting would be $775.00
I thought Wow this guy does not want me to come back as a repeat customer
We bought a new 2013 Rav4 Limited in 2013
I went to a locksmith in Vernon and got a genuine Toyota Fob including programing for $280.00
I also went back to the dealer and told him and all he said was thats the way it is
And that is in Canadian Dollars ($212.00 USD)
The guy lost me as a customer including all the maintenance he could have cashed in
Did that include cutting the emergency key that slides into of the fob, or did the 2013 have that? It's a laser cut(actually just an end mill) key on the 2015 and 2016, dunno about earlier years.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently purchased a used 2013 that not only just came with one FOB, it did not include the emergency key that slides into the FOB. I found a local locksmith that was able to cut the emergency key for my existing FOB, and also provide me with an additional FOB/emergency key.... grand total when I walked away was $275 plus tax.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,894 Posts
If I were buying a used car, I would demand the seller provide me with BOTH remotes, otherwise insist they knock $500 off the price of the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts