Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 2013 Rav 4 last Oct. Now I'm getting emails that service is do. So I call the dealer and they tell me that service is due every 5,000 miles..I've never heard of such a thing. Is this something that's just a money maker for the dealer? What could they possible check ? I can understand doing an oil change because it's the synthetic oil but seriously??

·
Registered
160 Posts
I just got my 2013 Rav 4 last Oct. Now I'm getting emails that service is do. So I call the dealer and they tell me that service is due every 5,000 miles..I've never heard of such a thing. Is this something that's just a money maker for the dealer? What could they possible check ? I can understand doing an oil change because it's the synthetic oil but seriously??
yup, the manufacturer recommends every 5000 miles /6 months whatever happens first. Oil change is due every 10k, mostly they do multi point inspection, and tire rotation depending on the mileage on your vehicle. You don't have to do it at the dealer but it is up to you. If you check the manual it will tell you in detail what is done at certain mileage.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

I'm still figuring out all the buttons, bells and whistles lol. I think I'll just have my mechanic do the 5000 mile service since I wll be changing the oil and tire rotation.

·
Super Moderator
10,128 Posts
I just got my 2013 Rav 4 last Oct. Now I'm getting emails that service is due. So I call the dealer and they tell me that service is due every 5,000 miles..I've never heard of such a thing. Is this something that's just a money maker for the dealer? What could they possible check? I can understand doing an oil change because it's the synthetic oil but seriously??
What's due is for you to pay them $$$. What they check is check off a list. They don't really need your car for most of it, just your CC. :surprise

·
Registered
291 Posts
.........I think I'll just have my mechanic do the 5000 mile service since I will be changing the oil and tire rotation.
If you will be doing the tire rotations you pretty much covered the 5k service. Save your cash and just check the other items listed in the manual.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Ah! I also got a 2013 Rav4 last year, in November. I'm also getting those emails.
But I've only put in almost 1000 miles so far. So I'm not taking it until way later.
In my case, I have like 4 free oil changes from my dealer.

Sent From the Edge of the Seventh Galaxy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts