Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought an MVCI cable from China w/ 2.04 firmware. I have Techstream version 15.10.xx (As new as I have seen.) I have changed turn signal count. I can see the the ID's of the TPMS units. I can shut of seatbelt chimes. But what i can't seem to access is the Immobiliser and Theft deterrent ECU's to program extra keys and remotes. I've tried ignition off. ignition on. engine running.. I have tried the latest ftdi drivers , but i am not able to access the units? Is there a trick to this??

Thnxx.
-P.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have done key programming with techstream and do not remember doing any tricks.
2017 J-vin Rav4 Hybrid Limited (keyless ignition)
Techstream V12.20.024 (07/2017) - $9 cd purchased on ebay
5-year old unknowm $28 mini-VCI cable from Amazon - no longer sold

My cable is not perfect as I encountered some problems activating a water pump on a hybrid Lexus (a guy on a Lexus forum said he fixed the problem with the latest firmware cable) - but had no issues programming the Rav4 key.

BTW - you can order a cut key from ebay just from an image of your existing key for ~$13. I was unable to find any local locksmith to cut the insert.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got a used remote for my Limited that had been reset or cleared so that I could be reprogram for my car. It's been awhile but I think I had the old and the new fobs on top of the car so the signal wouldn't reach the censer when programming. I have the push button start. The Hybrid key are only for Hybrids only.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts