Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Rav4 Keyless Entry only works occasionally. Batteries have been replaced in both of my keys and still only works sometimes.

Crazy as it sounds at first I just thought it was temperature related as it stopped working in winter last year and then started working again in spring. However now it has been several months and somedays it works and other days it doesn't so don't think that has anything to do with it.

Dealership was no help because the day I took it in it ended up working and then day later stopped. They told me just to replace battery if it happens again which we did and still continue to have problem.

·
Registered
112 Posts
My rav has just started doing the same thing, both remotes have good batteries and do nothing, all the locks work as should when used manually. Did you ever get a fix?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Update on my vehicle. Disconnected start battery for about 15 minutes then reconnected and the keyless system started working.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. New here. I'm having the same problem with my keyless entry. The remote started acting up right after the 30 day warranty ran out (Murphy's law). So just disconnecting the battery for a minute or two fixed the issue with the remote? Just an electrical reboot so to speak...?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts