Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says I have a 2013 RAV4 LE and I'm looking to get a GPS and XM installed. Is their anyway to just replace an upgraded models radio/display with mine? Or is it a bit more complicated than that?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Upgrade

If you do not have Satellite, you do not have a satellite antenna. That alone is $200. The Harnesses are different as well. Easier and cheaper to go for an aftermarket head unit. I dont know if anybody is in love with RAV4 headunits.. In general, factory NAV is expensive, and expensive to keep maps up to date. Get a headunit with Android Auto/Carplay, and Google does it for free. Long trips, buy a Garmin/Magellan to free up your phone. I have an 2013 XLE. No SAT OR NAV. I went the aftermarket route with the Maestro RR. Much better than my stock radio, and I can check Tire pressure, Coolant Temp, Transmission temp, and see and clear any engine codes that gets thrown, in addition to keeping steering wheel controls and the ability to change some vehicle settings. about $700 for the HU, Maestro unit, and the harnesses. I DIY'd the install. The backup camera was a little tricky, but everthing else was easy. YMMV, but I am much happier with an aftermarket unit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you do not have Satellite, you do not have a satellite antenna. That alone is $200. The Harnesses are different as well. Easier and cheaper to go for an aftermarket head unit. I dont know if anybody is in love with RAV4 headunits.. In general, factory NAV is expensive, and expensive to keep maps up to date. Get a headunit with Android Auto/Carplay, and Google does it for free. Long trips, buy a Garmin/Magellan to free up your phone. I have an 2013 XLE. No SAT OR NAV. I went the aftermarket route with the Maestro RR. Much better than my stock radio, and I can check Tire pressure, Coolant Temp, Transmission temp, and see and clear any engine codes that gets thrown, in addition to keeping steering wheel controls and the ability to change some vehicle settings. about $700 for the HU, Maestro unit, and the harnesses. I DIY'd the install. The backup camera was a little tricky, but everthing else was easy. YMMV, but I am much happier with an aftermarket unit.
Thank you for your input! Ill have to do my research and check this out for sure

1 - 3 of 3 Posts