Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all -- I have a 2013 Rav4 Limited, and I've really enjoyed it. It's performed well, has been very reliable, and overall it's been very good.

Now, all of a sudden, when I try to open the hatch -- using all three ways, the button to the left of the steering wheel, the remote key fob, and the rubber button on the hatch -- it's not working. I get the proverbial two beeps. I can open it "manually" and close it "manually" as well -- but it won't open or close "electronically" or "automatically.

Any ideas here? Did I accidentally do something, change a setting, etc.? Or do I have a problem here?

Thank you very much in advance.

·
Premium Member
8,119 Posts
Check the main switch in the glove box, someone musta bumped it which makes the hatch manually operated only, it's covered on page126 (2015 anyway) in the manual.

Tim

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check the main switch in the glove box, someone musta bumped it which makes the hatch manually operated only, it's covered on page126 (2015 anyway) in the manual.

Tim
Thank you very much Tim. I'll grab the manual and check it out ASAP. No one has been in the glove box in a long so maybe something hit it or the like.

Ditto.
The switch,or possibly a blown fuse.
Thanks -- is there any way to confirm it's a blown fuse? Can I tell from visual inspection of the fuse? I am hoping the manual gives an overview and identifies the various fuses, but is there a way to figure out if the fuse is blown? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Tim
LMAO!!! It was the switch in the glove box!!! I never even noticed it before -- and there it is, plain as the nose on your face, LOL.

Problem solved -- thank you Tim!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.