Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to drop a note and say both "thank you" and "goodbye" to the folks here on Rav4World. I traded in my 2013 Rav4 Limited AWD for a 2016 4Runner Limited 4x4 just before Christmas, so at least I stayed in the Toyota family... right? :D

The Rav was a faithful companion for 3.5 years and 65,000 miles. I had few complaints and don't have any regrets about the purchase. When I bought it, I had a 75 mile round trip commute and wanted something with great tech features, good MPG and AWD capability. Rav4 fit the bill!

The 4Runner is of course a hit with MPG, but I am enjoying a larger, more substantial vehicle. It's a lot quieter, less road noise and the ride is much smoother. I do miss the power lift gate and blind spot monitor, I can say that for sure! Being 6'1" and broad, the 4Runner is a much more comfortable fit for me. The Rav was very tight, especially the seats.

This is Tarzan, who replaced Priscilla Queen of the Desert >:D

This is a great community, so thanks to everyone for your friendship and support! Looking forward to seeing the next generation Rav4 built on Toyota's new TNGA architecture. Word is a ~200hp I4 mated to an 8AT ;) Maybe I'll come back someday!

So long for now - wishing all of you safe drives in 2017 and beyond!

·
Registered
160 Posts
wow !! congrats, beautiful truck, definitely a nice upgrade. I'm considering the Highlander 17 to replace our Rav.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow !! congrats, beautiful truck, definitely a nice upgrade. I'm considering the Highlander 17 to replace our Rav.
I really struggled with that decision myself... it came down to 2017 Highlander vs 4Runner for me. They're very different animals, but hard to find fault with either.

Highlander has a lot more tech, better MPG and is more powerful. 4Runner is the classic body-on-frame formula, and I absolutely love the Redwood leather color.

Let us know if you pick up the Highlander!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Congratulations on the runner, I am struggling myself I want to keep my rav4 or get a 4runner. My commute went from 70 miles a day down to 7 miles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

·
Registered
160 Posts
Congratulations on the runner, I am struggling myself I want to keep my rav4 or get a 4runner. My commute went from 70 miles a day down to 7 miles.

70 MILES WOW !!! better get a Hybrid.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Very similar to what happened to me. Rav was great when i was driving 70 miles a day, but now that I'm down to ~20... MPG is not as much of a concern. Must say that I am loving the 4Runner! Highlander is probably a good middle ground?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts