Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My Rav4 warranty will expire early next month.

I recently discovered a problem that is intermittent with the RADIO.

After turning on the Radio, none of the touch screen FM buttons were lit up with information, and all I heard was WHite noise coming from the speakers.

The radio would not come on even after turning it off and then back on! I gave up and continued on my local trip, after arriving at my destination, I turned the radio off, and parked the rav4.

When I restarted the Rav4 and turned on the radio, the Radio returned to normal! All the touch screen buttons were normal again.

My question is this has happened at least two times intermittently in the last month.
I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this situation.

Thanks
Rob

·
Registered
209 Posts
My problem is somewhat similar. I have a 2015 with the navigation system (not JBL) and had two episodes of no sound output on the radio on all modes;
9421 mi on 11/11/15
14975 mi on 7/12/16 took a video showing the volume bar going to max with no sound on AM-FM-XM and bluetooth
The radio was normal at the next starts. Other than sending a letter to my dealer documenting these two failures I really don't know what they can troubleshoot since the radio is normal now.

Frank 2015 Rav4 XLE AWD with 17K mi

1 - 2 of 2 Posts