Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 RAV4 AWD Motor Bogging

I bought my 2013 RAV4 7 weeks ago and currently have about 40,000 miles on it. Yesterday it started want to shift into 5th and 6th gear way to early. At about 40 mph it shift into 5th and runs 1300 rpms. The motor sounds and acts bogged. When I give it more gas it acts real sluggish until you give the petal a good push. This has all happened when in sports model. When I ran in Eco the motor ran horrible and only responded when I put the pedal to the floor. If anyone has an idea of where to start, then thanks in advance.

·
Registered
37 Posts
could be a torque converter. i would take it to the dealer and have the transmission flushed and or checked.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sounds normal to me.

1100-1300 RPMs is about the lowest the engine will run before downshifting. I think you're expecting too much from a 176 horsepower 4-cylinder engine in a 3500 pound car. From some people's perspective, it's going to feel unresponsive.

SPORT mode spreads out the shift points and offers the most response to acceleration. ECO mode has shorter shift points and offers the least response to acceleration. NORMAL is in between.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts