Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, My wife has a 2011 rav4 and I have a 2013 that I bought used about a year ago and it has about 38,000 miles. It has the original tires and to be honest it rides like a log truck! I am totally disappointed in how it takes bumps and smoothness of ride. I am wondering if new tires would help the ride quality? I see some post on here where others have this same complaint. Thanks for any input everyone.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Rolling on 18'' or 17''? On both dimension there will be a difference regarding confort sure. If staying on the same rim but changing tires, yes you can, but must keep a certain ratio if you change width and height of the tire compare to the oem one or you will mess the speedometer.

You can take a tire a little bit narrow but with more height but your ride may feel a little ''boat'' on turns. I wouldn't do that personnaly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello all, My wife has a 2011 rav4 and I have a 2013 that I bought used about a year ago and it has about 38,000 miles. It has the original tires and to be honest it rides like a log truck! I am totally disappointed in how it takes bumps and smoothness of ride. I am wondering if new tires would help the ride quality? I see some post on here where others have this same complaint. Thanks for any input everyone.
You don't mention what brand of tires you have nor their size but guessing you're using OEM's....I've always had good handling with either Firestone Destination LE2's, Goodyear Assurance Triple-Treds (highly recommended), Nokkian Hakkapelita's (which I'm using right now), Hankook, and Toyo....all 17" rims.....if you live in areas with snow (I do) I'd recommend the Goodyears and Nokkians.....very good tires in snow, slush, and rain.....BTW my RAV4 is an 2013 XLE....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts