Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a 2013 Rav4 with a faulty TC. Fortunately I only had the car a week and thanks to the posts on here I was able to diagnose the issue. Vibration as the vehicle upshifts at 20mph at 1200-2000 RPM's.

The vehicle had 72,000 but since I only had it a week, the dealership is footing the bill. Thank you Rosner Fredericksburg!

Anyway. I was curious since I am getting a new TC put in this week, is the new one the same design as the one it is replacing? Overall question, is it going to fail again? Is there anything extra I should check with the dealer before I drive it home?

I only ask because I had a Ford Freestyle with a CVT years ago and had it replaced with a rebuilt tranny after it failed only to know that it was likely to fail again. Just want to make sure.

ReBlogged from Toyotanation.com

·
Registered
23 Posts
It may not even be a torque converter issue. You most likely just needed a transmission fluid exchange or flush. Toyota is nuts for thinking that fluid can last longer than 70k......

Ps. I've seen this torque converter issue on numerous Toyota cars and trucks and it's almost always a fluid issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts