Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To save someone the aggrevation I went through. Seems that there are 2 part numbers for the front pads

xxxxx1210 for XLE without 3rd row seats

xxxxx1211 for XLE with 3rd row seats

I know what 3rd row seat. well the 1210 does not fit, they are too short. after some research a better way to choose would be by vin

J (japan) xxxxx1211
2 (Canada) xxxxx1210

Hope this helps

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To clear up any confusion I've copied part description from a parts house site

xxx1210
2013 Toyota RAV4 XLE
Disc Pad; ThermoQuiet; Front; Exc. 3rd Row Seating; OE Ceramic; Includes Hardware Installation Kit

xxx1211
2013 Toyota RAV4 XLE
Disc Pad; Wearever Gold Ceramic Front Brake Pads; Front; Japan Made; w/ 3rd Row Seating; OE Pad Material Is Ceramic; North American Made

Both are listed as "Exact Fit for your 2013 Toyota RAV4 XLE"

·
Registered
62 Posts
I ran into and posted this problem last year(2015) with our 2013LTD. bunkyg's post confirms that this parts number problem applies to multiple models. At least the LTD & XLE.

Seems that the non-dealer parts listing are a world view including models built for different markets with or without 3rd row seating. My advice for anyone in North America to buy the pads listed for 3rd row seating or buy both and return one. Pad replacement is straight forward and quite easy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've noticed on the specs for a few different brands I looked at that "pad wear sensors" were not included on the aftermarket pads. I don't know if the oem pads have them installed or not. Guess that's how they save a few pennies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts