Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post, so please forgive me if I didn't do it correctly. I just purchased a certified 2014 LE about a month or so ago. I am having, what I believe to be, a common problem. When I play songs from the USB, by selecting "Songs" and then "Random" it works just fine. Until I turn the key off. Then it defaults back to "Artist/Album", which means if there is only one song from that particular album it will continue to play the same song over and over again. I've been searching online and I know that I am not alone in this, but it appears that Toyota is just looking the other way regarding this problem. Clearly they know they screwed up because they revamped their Entune System for the new models. I have not been able to locate a firmware update of any kind for the unit. To compensate I edited the MP3 tags of all of the files one the USB drive to have the exact album/artist ("-"), but that really looks cheesy on the display. Has anyone successfully remedied this problem, properly? And if so can you help me do so as well. Thanks in advance, either way.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My first post, so please forgive me if I didn't do it correctly. I just purchased a certified 2014 LE about a month or so ago. I am having, what I believe to be, a common problem. When I play songs from the USB, by selecting "Songs" and then "Random" it works just fine. Until I turn the key off. Then it defaults back to "Artist/Album", which means if there is only one song from that particular album it will continue to play the same song over and over again. I've been searching online and I know that I am not alone in this, but it appears that Toyota is just looking the other way regarding this problem. Clearly they know they screwed up because they revamped their Entune System for the new models. I have not been able to locate a firmware update of any kind for the unit. To compensate I edited the MP3 tags of all of the files one the USB drive to have the exact album/artist ("-"), but that really looks cheesy on the display. Has anyone successfully remedied this problem, properly? And if so can you help me do so as well. Thanks in advance, either way.
I wouldn't be surprised. I have the same car but not bother with the USB drive. I just play from my phone via Bluetooth. Car manufacturers in general, Toyota included, are good at making car but are not very advance in electronics. They usually made by an OEM. I don't expect too much from them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hello,

Toyota has made a LOT of fixes to the behavior of the Entune and radio to fix TONS of issues. Before giving up make sure that you have the latest software update installed. Here is a link to get you started...

https://securedp.toyota.com/download-app/getUpdates

Also make sure that your USB drive has the proper file structure and that the tags in the MP3 are correct. You need to use good ripping software like DBpoweramp.

Enjoy,
Steve

·
Registered
47 Posts
Had the exact same issue on my wife's 2014 Limited. Never found a solution... (well, I just replaced the headunit if that counts - but only because the OEM nav unit stopped working- damn thing kept rebooting on me and wouldn't turn on anymore)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts