Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

We are on the verge of purchasing a Rav4 but I am hesitant about the cloth seats on the XLE. The one I like are black which really scares me

How easy are they to clean? Did you use protectant on them? What about the other seat colors?

I just don't want to pay the price for the limited!

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
We have the xle black cloth in our 2.5 year old rav. There are no stains and are fairly easy to vacuum. Although we don't have kids and I don't think we've ever spilled anything on them. So they look good as new. We do have a cat and I figured we would have fur transfer from our clothes all the time but I honestly have never noticed any fur on the seats.

·
Registered
258 Posts
We have a 15 XLE with black seats and they do show any light colored trash (paper, lint, etc.) but they cleanup very easy. We have seen no stains on them after 15,000 miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This great news since I purchased a 2014 Toyota Rav4 with 5K miles and all black interior this evening. I am thrilled with my purchase as this is my first Toyota.:D

The dealership is recommending a service they provide that puts a protective coating on the outside and inside of the car. Anyone heard of this? Have you used any other products to protect their sears?

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
The dealership is recommending a service they provide that puts a protective coating on the outside and inside of the car. Anyone heard of this? Have you used any other products to protect their sears?

My dealer uses Zurich Shield Home , can't say it's good or bad, but they've included it on the last three Toyotas we've bought from them.

·
Registered
258 Posts
The problem with interior and exterior protection is how do you know what they really did, if anything at all? I am sure that they put something on, but I am also sure that they make a lot of money on that product. We know they are trying to make 100% on extended warranty so I bet they are trying to make the same markup on the protection coatings. I just sprayed my seats with scotch guard and figured the clear coat paint on the exterior was good enough for the first year.

Contact someone who does auto detailing and see what they use and charge for paint and interior protection.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks WTTNWA. My husband said no to the dealer but since I am the cleaning lady of the house...I do know prevention can be valuable and a time saver in the long run. They are charging $449 for the service. Great tip on checking with an auto detailing service!

I am more than willing to Scotchguard it myself but I kind of got sucked into the thought that perhaps commercially there is something better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts