Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have a 2014 LTD Rav 4 and am having some issues as of late. The hatch will not open when I press any button, locked or unlocked. It makes the long beeping sound but does nothing. I've tried pressing and repressing the button in the glove compartment to no avail. It's been very cold here, but when I force it, I can open it. Anyone have any ideas. It is getting power because it beeps and automatically closes that last inch when you press it. Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts
Manually open it with the button on the door, raise, lower and closing it is the prescribed method of re-initializing the power back door, the switch in the glove box disables/enables the PBD.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice, do I manually raise it was the PBD button (in glove box) pushed in or not? Also when I turn the switch off in glove box, I notice no difference. It is very difficult to open the gate manually as it seems to be that I am fighting the hydraulics system. I wish I had not bought the limited and gone with non power hatch lol.

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts
PBD switch must be in the operation mode. One of the conditions that can cause the PBD to malfunction(the long beep) is bad/low battery voltage, try to manually cycle it with the engine running. A bad battery (low voltage) can cause of lots of weird electrical related issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you for your replies. battery is brand new (3 months). has been very cold here though (-20 C) i hit the button by the steering wheel and it popped open but then stopped. i guess that’s a good sign lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts