Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two questions:

1. I just got this vehicle yesterday and dutifully read through the user's manual. It contains stern warnings that a hitch-style bike rack should not be installed. So, what's the best way to carry my mountain bike? I can't use the hang-off-the-back racks because they support the bike right on its rear shock. What to do? I see discussions re trailers for the hybrids and the gas ones, but maybe this is ... special... because it's electric only?

2. We plugged it in to charge at home and it seemed to be charging -- but the daylights were turned on at the same time. No way to turn them off, so far. They turned off when the car was unplugged. What's with that?

Thanks for your help. I cruised around this forum looking for answers and saw none; I'm new at this, so forgive me if there are answers somewhere that I just didn't see.

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
Two questions:

1. I just got this vehicle yesterday and dutifully read through the user's manual. It contains stern warnings that a hitch-style bike rack should not be installed. So, what's the best way to carry my mountain bike? I can't use the hang-off-the-back racks because they support the bike right on its rear shock. What to do? I see discussions re trailers for the hybrids and the gas ones, but maybe this is ... special... because it's electric only?

2. We plugged it in to charge at home and it seemed to be charging -- but the daylights were turned on at the same time. No way to turn them off, so far. They turned off when the car was unplugged. What's with that?

Thanks for your help. I cruised around this forum looking for answers and saw none; I'm new at this, so forgive me if there are answers somewhere that I just didn't see.
I must have missed something. Did you mean to say you are plugging your RAV4H into an electrical outlet? Surely not.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I must have missed something. Did you mean to say you are plugging your RAV4H into an electrical outlet? Surely not.
Had to read post again to confirm. OP's a 2014 EV. Not a Hybrid. Didn't know Toyota have a Gen 4 EV.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Two questions:

I don't think there's any reason to avoid a hitch mount in particular, but the roof rails are also a popular bike mount.

That's a Tesla EV system. I don't know if that helps you search for answers on charging.

·
Premium Member
7,972 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts