Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  salemwitch 
#1 ·
Hello all,
First time posting but grateful there’s a community out here dedicated to the RAV4. So I’ve got a ‘14 model, LE AWD, 2.2L 4-cyl, Japan built. I’m needing some mechanical advice and feedback. I’ve got 3 things I’m wanting to know and please throw in any other advice you have for me.
Firstly, I’m up to 129,500 miles and sorry to say I didn’t learn until well into driving this vehicle that it required so much routine maintenance. First time Toyota owner.... I’ve noticed lately a “click-click-click” sound from the engine bay only while it’s warmed up and in idle for a few minutes. I don’t experience it while driving. One guy thought it may be time to switch to a higher viscosity oil from my current 0w20, but would like some opinions from anyone else who has experienced something similar and what they did to fix it, and is it recommended to switch oils and at what time.
Secondly, I’ve noticed a slight vibration in the floorboards at higher speeds. And though I’m aware that routine tire rotation could fix this, I’m also concerned about the motor or transmission mounts possibly needing to be replaced. It’s a bit harsh to say, but the 2 Toyota dealerships near me make it hard for me to trust them so I’m trying to do whatever I can myself before being forced to take it in.
Lastly, being my first Toyota (I reiterate that I regrettably wasn’t aware of the repetitive maintenance it needs) is there anything I need to look out for in regards to possible issues, things to avoid doing now, anything you can advise related to this generation RAV4?
-Thanks, BR

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.