Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been searching for days and can't seem to find what I need.
I've got 12 Type R that I had in my Scion tC that I'd like to put in my Rav4.
Only thing I'm struggling with is getting sound to my amp, I'm keeping factory headunit for now.....I assume I need a wirring harness for sound out.
Does anyone know where I can get one and or have any useful info on how I could get my amp hooked up to factory unit?
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
47 Posts
See my reply on this thread, page 2:

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/124-4-4-interior/193946-2013-install-subwoofer-amp.html

I purchased this line out converter to install amp and subs. Don't have to touch the headunit at all:
Scosche Line-Out Converter with Bass Control - Walmart.com

It's pretty straight forward. You will need to tap into the speaker outputs, if you don't want to mess with the OEM head unit, just tap it at the wire harness from the rear doors. The speaker outputs are the 2 wires that are twisted together on the harness. The converter will supply you with a remote wire and 2 RCA outputs for your amp.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Been searching for days and can't seem to find what I need.
I've got 12 Type R that I had in my Scion tC that I'd like to put in my Rav4.
Only thing I'm struggling with is getting sound to my amp, I'm keeping factory headunit for now.....I assume I need a wirring harness for sound out.
Does anyone know where I can get one and or have any useful info on how I could get my amp hooked up to factory unit?
Any help would be appreciated.
try this I used on my rav4 2016 just plug and play and you will have instant RCA output and a remote wire attached ad works fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts