Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently bought used 2014 xle from non toyota dealer. Vehicle looks great, but I feel very rough ride on any surface. even small bump makes me to feel. I also see the seats are vibrating and mostly the vibration is coming from back. I have put new michelin latitude tour HP tires and did balancing and all wheel alignment. My local mechanic has lifted the car and checked all joints,bolts, drive shaft..etc
he also felt vibration of the body and seats. After driving for about 20-30 minutes, I can feel that someone did massage of my back.
Could anyone suggest what else can be done. My mechanic said the struts and shocks also looks good.
Took it to toyota dealer and he did test drive and said car is normal.
Please help. does changing rear diff fluid will make any improvement. car has 32K.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Go to the Toyota Dealer and test drive a new RAV4 and see if the ride is similar to yours. This will give you a baseline for comparison to see if what you are experiencing is normal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I did test drive the 2015 5K, 2014 25K cars from pre-owned toyota and both looked pretty smooth. Little rough, but drive was good with those vehicles. When I said same thing to dealer, his reply was "every car is different". I wanted to go another dealer but every time I cannot pay diagnosis charge of $90.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I wouldn't say every car is different, they should all be pretty close to the same (provided they are running same tire / wheel combo) especially just a 2 year old car. Every road is different however, and that variable can produce vastly different experiences. If the seats are truly shaking on smooth roads you have a problem. I'd consider a road force balance on tires and start looking for a bad , bent, tweaked wheel myself.

Road Force Balancing | MotorWeek

1 - 4 of 4 Posts