Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Rav4Worls,
I have a 2014 Rav4. I would like to know if anyone knows where the physical location is of the FM, AM, XM and Cell phone antenna or antennas is. The reason I ask is because I purchased a Stubby (2") antenna for my Rav. There seems to be almost 100% bad reviews on this very short antenna. I have had ZERO problems so far. NONE. I drove around, tested every band including cellular calls. NOTHING. I also ordered a shark fin antenna from eBay. Since the stubby one is working fine, I'll stick with that for now and keep the shark fin as a backup. Bottom line is, the stubby works but I would like to know if anyone has any problems with reception on their stubby and if any of the bands use separate antennas. If they do, where on the Rav is the physical location of each antenna band? Ie: are the antennas embedded into a window? Thanks!

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,732 Posts
The AM and FM antenna is the stubby element. The XM antenna and FM preamp is built into the base. There is no cellular antenna.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I swapped my 'stubby' for a 'sharkfin' antenna. No problems receiving AM, FM , HD or XM signals in my XLE.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I’m wanting to switch my 2014 antenna to the shark fin. What all do I need to buy to make this switch?
All you need is a ‘shark fin’ kit and a screwdriver. Do a search here for the post about shark fins and you’ll find the info you need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts