Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have the 2015 XLE FWD. We love it, and it only has 800 miles on it. But when driving normally, It seems to be confused as to what gear to go in when accelerating in normal mode (usually between 3rd and 4th by going into overdrive to accelerate sufficiently). It doesn't make any weird sounds or anything. I know these are 6 speed, and they are focused more on fuel economy, but I was wondering if this was normal? :wink

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
If enough people complain to Toyota then maybe they'll come up with a remapping program for the tranny. That was the case on another forum that I was on a few years back - it concerned another Toyota vehicle too!

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Who do you complain to? The Toyota line tells you to take it to the dealer and have it checked out. The dealer says it is "normal" whatever that means.
You don't just bring it in one time, you gotta become a 'squeaky wheel' and have the service department write the vehicle up (document it). If enough 'squeaky wheels' complain to the dealerships it gets picked up on by corporate. You might even find a sympathetic dealership that goes a step beyond and helps their client get the problem fixed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts